T 01887 829428
Workers were evacuated from an industrial unit in the early hours of 4th May, due to a fire thought to be caused by an electrical fault. Fire-fighters were called to a printers in Tollwell Road, in Beaumont Leys, Leicester, at 0200hrs. One appliance from Western Station, one from Birstall and one from Eastern attended. Staff had left the premises by the time firefighters had arrived.
The fire involving three compressors and one electric motor on a mezzanine floor caused severe fire damage. There was also heavy smoke damage to the first floor and light smoke damage to ground floor of the building. It is reported the fire was out by 0250hrs.
A spokesman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was believed to be accidental due to an electrical fault. They went on to say that "Two breathing apparatus were in use. And the fire was extinguished using hose reel jet and the factory sprinkler system . The electrics were isolated and property ventilated."
As reported in the Leicester Mercury