T 01887 829428
At 0553 on Thursday 16th March, Staffordshire FRS were called to a flat fire persons reported at the Oak Priory, Extracare village. The state of the art building containing 175 flats over 3 storeys was completed two years ago and benefits from having a misting system throughout both the flats and common areas.
The fire was in the lounge in a second floor, single occupancy flat. The occupier was lead to safety thanks to the alarm system and the quick actions of the staff. A single head of the misting system activated shortly after the occupant had left, containing the fire to an armchair. There was little smoke damage to the lounge and the rest of the flat was left relatively unaffected.
Fire crews attending reported the fire was extinguished and naturally ventilated the flat.
The cause of the fire was accidental.